Wednesday, October 9, 2019

My Favorite Massage Tools

Many people ask me if I recommend any self massage tools. Although I am very picky, there are a few that I have found useful and effective, and that I own. These tools literally keep me from breaking down and are great for maintenance in between professional massages.  I've linked these products to Amazon, which most of the time has the best deal, but feel free to search the internet for better pricing. 

The Tiger Tail is a fantastic roller that is great for rolling out anywhere on your legs. It makes it easy for you to get deep work done and massages hard-to-reach places like your hamstrings. I love it because it isn't super large and is more firm than others I have seen. If any of you struggle with IT Band tightness and pain, this will do the trick and roll those trigger points right out! 
Tiger Tail 

The Roleo is just like sticking your arm in a wringer. The knobs and bumps, along with the customized level of tightness, are perfect for treating Carpul Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow, pain or weakness in your forearms or hands, etc. I use this ALL THE TIME! Since I use my hands so much, my flexors and exstensors really need a good "wringing out." 
Roleo

This cane is PERFECT for reaching those trigger points on your back that you just can't get to. All the knobs and bumps are great for massaging many different parts of your body, including your neck. This can be a lifesaver, but be careful on the amount of pressure you use, or you may end up bruising yourself.
"S" Cane

I've used this marble stone that fits so easily in my hand to massage many different parts of my body, including neck, head, arms, glutes, legs, etc. I've found it extremely helpful in isolating a trigger point that's causing sciatic nerve pain in my glutes while laying on the floor on my side. I also use it frequently on my neck and head to get rid of pesky trigger points causing headaches. 
Oblong Marble Stone

This heating pad is great because it is machine washable, soft, twisty, long and wide! I love it for heating larger areas. I have one in my doula bag because it's so great for back labor or early labor cramps and fits across a pregnant belly perfectly! Nice, deep heat. Mine has lasted years and is still going strong.
Heating Pad

These types of gel packs are great for icing areas while still being hands free and mobile. They are soft and mold to the body perfectly. Highly recommend!
Gel Ice Pack

This is the ONE and ONLY electric massager I have ever liked. I tried it at Costco and immediately fell in love! It is great for massaging your neck and back, but really can be used anywhere on your body. Both me and my husband use this often, and it has really been a lifesaver when we couldn't get a full body massage for whatever reason. Definitely worth your money, and lasts a long time!!
Neck and Back Massager

I hope you find these useful and helpful for your at-home maintenance! Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions! Remember to check out my NEW WEBSITE at www.healingpoweroftouchmassage.com and follow me on Instagram HERE and Facebook HERE for specials and more awesome posts!